Why choose us
- iMat (formerly MAT) has been trading since the 1990s.
- Management has combined knowledge and experience in excess of forty years in the industry.
- Coming from an installer and engineering background we know exactly what the pitfalls of the industry are.
- Two manufacturing branches, Cape Town and Johannesburg.
- Distributors in almost all major cities.
- Full maintenance team.
- Installation teams that operate over the borders to ensure proper installations.
- iMat has a training facility to train the installers and users of our products.
- Technical service and support team with years of knowledge and experience that will assist and support clients.
- Advisory and design teams that will ensure the correct products and configuration,(lay-out).
- All our products come with a warranty and will give you years of reliable service and control.
- iMat stores stock a full range of parts to maintain our product range.
- Competitive pricing and the best value for your money.
iMat formerly known as Mat Technologies started in the 1990s manufacturing and trading in Cape Town. With the growing demand for iMat quality products, a branch was opened in Johannesburg. With two manufacturing plants based in Cape Town and in Johannesburg iMat has become a market leader in the developing, manufacturing and support of access control equipment.
Based on the fact that iMat designs and manufacture products in such a way that both the end user and the installer are pleased with the reliability, ease of operation and installation, iMat products have become the first choice among users.
iMat specialises in developing products according to individual client specifications. These designs are developed in an in-house Electronic and Mechanical Engineering Department that uses Computerised Aided Design for development and tailoring of equipment to meet client needs. With hi-tech CNC machines all mechanical and electronic components are manufactured in-house and iMat doesn't have to rely on third party suppliers.
Our product rage includes highly durable and robust turnstiles, automatic vehicle barriers, mantrap booths, and high security spike barriers. This comprehensive range of products makes iMat the ideal one stop shop. We pride ourselves on our after sales service and customer relations.
IMAT also provides custom built solutions where we integrate with CCTV systems, and other specialised security deterrents. At IMAT we develop and manufacture in-house designed electronics that control a wide range of products.
Our commitment to quality
The high standard of compatibility, reliability and functionality has made the iMat electronic components (e.g. controllers, power supplies, relay boards, solenoids and pc boards) a preferred choice. With this in mind we now offer a five year guarantee on mechanical components on the turnstiles, ensuring customer piece of mind. Solenoids and control boards and all other electronics carry a one year guarantee.
Our product footprint
iMat has numerous satisfied local and international customers spread across a wide spectrum of industries including banks, corporate head quarters, warehouses, sport stadiums, train stations, industrial facilities such as mines and many more.
With all this expertise and products iMat now distributes products to more than 400 distributors locally and exports to Africa and Europe.